Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ministry C U LaTour!!

Here is my review (of sorts) of the Ministry concert on 14 April 2008

Hardly anyone was there at the beginning and they let us in relatively early (in my concert experiences). First up was Hemlock. They weren't too bad. The lead singer liked to play with his dreads a lot and would hold up his index fingers on either side of his forehead (like little devil horns) and go "wheewh!" It was funny. I can't believe they have been around for 15 years and just got a record deal last year. That sucks and is cool. Next up was Meshuggah and I didn't like them at all. The lead singer did everything in slow motion and he kept on holding out his hands on either side of him and looking up like "yeah we are so cool! Worship me!!" Their sound is just generic to me...boring. Then MINISTRY!!!! I LOVE Ministry (do not get me wrong) but when Al came out and started singing he reminded me of a grandpa in a rocking chair. He was holding onto his awesome mic stand and rocking back and forth on it with hunched shoulders. Also it appeared that he had a cold since he kept on spitting and rubbing his nose on his gloves poor guy! I was a little disappointed when they played most of their new album and of course a lot of their Bush bashing songs from their recent albums. Though I was really surprised that they did not play "End Of Days part 2." I thought it would have been a fitting end to the concert if it is truly their last (well in NM any way). It was really cool when they brought out Burton C Bell from Fear Factory though...they never do that in New Mexico!! He pretty much sang through all 3 encores which included "NWO," "So What," "Just One Fix," "Thieves," "Roadhouse Blues" and a Rolling Stones song that I found out later must have been "Under My thumb." For being supposedly their last tour I thought they would have played more older songs. And of course it seems that they will never play "Land of Rape and Honey" at least in New Mexico. I have now been to 4 of their shows and not once did they play it. It was also cool that they released balloons with their new Ministry Logo on them. None floated over to where I was so I just paid $2 for a packet of them. Ehh why not? Also when we got out it seemed like it was midnight but then found out it was only @ 10:30pm. Doors opened @ 6pm. Also as we were walking out the lead singer of Hemlock and another guy from the band were handing out their stickers saying they were free. I thought it was cool that they were actually handing out their own stickers all I could say was "you guys were great!" and he thanked me.


A similar set list to the Albuquerque show. This picture was taken from a blog about an earlier concert: http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/ej/2008/03/30/ministry_
meshuggah_review_with_set_list_


My $2 balloons

Hemlock's free sticker


No comments: